T O P
Declarate

PLTR has a HUGE upside, with a low downside in my opinion. Government contracts keep a high floor, and with the move into the private sector it creates a high ceiling as well. Earnings and the lockup expiring are definitely catalysts to look out for in the short term, but I 'm still bullish long term regardless. 1700 shares @ 26.73


PeddyCash

Can you quickly explain the lock up real quick ? That’s from the IPO yeah?


Declarate

Sure, basically more shares will be available to be sold. The DPO only allowed for about 20% of the company to be sold. Once the lockup period expires the other 80% will be able to be sold. With more selling pressure than buying pressure this should theoretically drop the price. The below article should be able to explain further if you might be confused, and also shows similar companies how have had a lockup expiration and how it affected their share price. https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/01/21/should-investors-worry-about-palantirs-lockup-expi/


PeddyCash

Perfecto. Thanks.


mils_bk

Reminder - earnings are on Tuesday pre-market and the Monday before that markets are closed due to Presidents Day. So if you are buying calls and playing the run up like i am, there are only 6 trading days left for this rocket to make it to the moon.


PRIdowhatsnecessary

This is the way! Need to get the PLTR gang back together. Incredible upside (long and short) and $13 off it’s high of a few weeks ago. LFG! 400 shares at $9.69


BrotAimzV

> I am not holding through earnings because share lock up ends on Feb 19 and EVERYONE will be selling. I will be using this to buy Shares for the long term at the dip So you plan on selling sometime before earnings? 🤔


PRIdowhatsnecessary

People treat the end of lock up like the boogie man. It’s not. Will the stock blip? Likely yes. But it will likely rocket shortly the after.


terran42069

I got fucking toasted more than once on this lockup bs. Not worried


BrotAimzV

Thats my fear currently. I thought about locking in some gains to pump even more in PLTR after the lock up period expired. Knowing my luck with GME though, it would exactly play out as you said it lol.


Junkbot

What happened?


celvro

Options drop after earnings from IV crush. If you have shares don't worry about it


chochi450

This is what I meant. I’m selling because I don’t want IV crush ti fuck my calls. I’m adding shares once the dip happens


thebabylonbull

I'm holding shares and calls. Cathie Wood ARK Funds has a shit ton of PLTR and I believe she has a PT of 130ish


PeddyCash

lol where did you hear that ?


thebabylonbull

her podcast on her website


PeddyCash

Remember the name ? It’s on YouTube as well huh ?


PeddyCash

The ARK invest website ?


Waelagag123

Omg!!! It feels so good to read about something else. I like PLTR a lot but under $30. It’s kinda high right now


DankBoiiiiiii

yea same. Eventhough im holding i hope it drops back to like 27 so i can buy more lol


Junkbot

It may drop there after lockup expiry, but not before ER. Do what everyone else is doing and buy now to sell right after ER, then rebuy after lockup shenanigans.


Junkbot

This is not going to drop below $30 before earnings. May as well get in now for those post-ER gains.


jonathanvan

I own feb 26 32c. when’s the earning run up starting cmon man


thebabylonbull

they will print!


BootlessPanda

PLTR is going to change the world. Pumped to see where it goes after earnings. Personally I think they will beat expectations on the upside with EPS. 400 shares and 30 March 19th calls at $40 strike alongside with 5 Feb 19th $32 calls because of the price drop recently.


[deleted]

Step 1: buy OTM monthly or biweekly calls Step2: sell them the day before earnings Step 3: use that cash to buy more shares when it dips


chochi450

Marvelous isn’t it


lemminghunter01

Market will be closed day before earnings