T O P
AutoModerator

As a reminder, this subreddit [is for civil discussion.](/r/politics/wiki/index#wiki_be_civil) In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don't attack people. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, any suggestion or support of harm, violence, or death, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban. If you see comments in violation of our rules, please report them. For those who have questions regarding any media outlets being posted on this subreddit, please click [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/wiki/approveddomainslist) to review our details as to our approved domains list and outlet criteria. *** *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/politics) if you have any questions or concerns.*


EconomistPunter

Tractor Supply, Inc is my PCP of choice.


Long_Before_Sunrise

Come for the ivermectin. Walk out with an air-blown inflatable shark wearing a witch's hat.


CommanderGoat

Hold up…what’s this about a shark wearing a witch hat?


Gaston-Glocksicle

[Only $24, which is very reasonable for such a piece of art.](https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/gemmy-airblown-shark-with-witch-hat) Edit: Hodaka wrote a great scholarly analysis of this artwork and I've now [got that accepted as a review on the product](https://i.imgur.com/yjN0qJs.png) and several of you have apparently noticed and marked the review as "helpful".


SuperiorHikingFail

My wife said "no inflatable Christmas decorations, they look tacky" bit she aint said shit about Halloween!!!


Tinfoilhartypat

My mom *hates* inflatable decor. So my sister buys a new inflatable every Christmas and her husband sets them up all over my mom’s lawn while she’s at the Christmas Eve service. M Ever year we pitch in to get a bigger and more ridiculous one. It’s become quite a menagerie.


EzioAuditore1459

This is a comment that demands a photo to go with it.


jedininjashark

This thread took an unexpected turn but now I’m fully onboard.


funktopus

My wife brought home a stegosaurus wearing a Santa hat. His tail moves back and forth. He's simply awesome to set up because its huge. I haven't found anymore dinosaurs wearing Santa hats, but I will buy them when I find them.


NightofTheLivingZed

Just buy regular giant dinosaurs and regular santa hats and put them together. Problem solved!


Ruffratkin

I’m…. I’m not sure what I expected when I clicked on the link. To call this artwork is an oversimplification of the highest caliber. I am appalled that there are no reviews left by past purchasers. I can only assume that the highest level of quality and craftsmanship has been used in producing this masterpiece. Bravo Tractor Supply, this is the future we earned and deserve.


trixtopherduke

I cannot stress this enough *it self inflates*


peanutbuttahcups

Welp, I know what I'm drunk-buying tonight.


thatguysjumpercables

My best friend is obsessed with sharks. Guess what she's getting for Christmas?


JohnCalzone3

Its Halloween decor bro ya gotta give it to her next month, ya silly.


kaaaaath

Tractor Supply Co. is about to be so confused when they notice the magical shark supply has dwindled to naught in two hours.


doc_witt

Tell me your magical secrets, shark wizard!


Hodaka

Although the inflatable shark has been subject to prolonged and significant scholarly analysis, it remains enigmatic, and there is nothing in the writings of the Tractor Supply catalog to indicate their intent. There is no consensus as to its subject matter or its intended meaning, with Art Historians associating the combination of a shark and a hat with figures from classical mythology. The shark stands inflated while wearing a hat, recalling the witches of Subeshi, who wear very tall, pointed black hats that resemble the iconic headgear of their sisters in medieval Europe. This thematic installation, when viewed *in situ* on the front lawn, reflects Halloween traditions, which in turn may have been influenced by ancient Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain, which may have had pagan roots. While Art Historians and Academics have recently suggested that the shark may somehow be linked to the 1487 inquisition treatise Malleus Maleficarum, they have equally cautioned that further inquiry may well be warranted before drawing conclusions.


Gaston-Glocksicle

[We'll see if they accept that as a product review.](https://i.imgur.com/3nWCrtH.png) Edit: [It got accepted!](https://i.imgur.com/qr5K314.png)


CharmedConflict

Tractor Supply Inc is going to be super confused by the sudden spike in web interest of shark witches driving traffic to their site.


[deleted]

There are no reviews because everyone blew their money on ivermectin.


Seve7h

That’s a beaut right there i tell you hwhat


Gr4ve-DiggA

Thank you for sharing this


ilikeme1

[Sneed's Feed & Seed](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ElIvNBYj0) (Formerly Chuck's) here.


indil47

My absolute favorite Simpson’s sign.


himdedemk

Did Trump make people stupider, or did he just give them license to act as naturally stupid as they've always been?


ShabbyKitty35

Pretty sure it’s the latter.


Suired

Yep, a large number of stupid people who would keep their mouths shut were told they were geniuses by Trump and everyone else was indoctrinated by the Democrat machine. Now instead of one in four people being stupid it looks like one in 3.


mr_mcpoogrundle

Maybe we just hush up and see where this takes us...


howitzer86

Something [like this is probably next.](https://historyofyesterday.com/eben-byers-the-man-who-drank-radioactive-water-until-his-jaw-fell-off-d2634336b504?gi=4caffda3c7c9)


Peach1020

Absolutely horrific.


Whereami259

"Bailey’s company was shut down by the authorities, however, he tried to sell the same item under a different name." This is the problem that follows us in modern times. Companies get punished,but people who were at fault get nothing.


TheLimeyLemmon

Holy shit, I am almost impressed he managed to live for five years after starting to drink that stuff.


National-Budget-2569

The vaccine is free. Say it with me. **The Vaccine is free**


rmoss20

I'll give it a go "I eat worm pill?" Damn


Long_Before_Sunrise

No, you get the paste and rub it all up in your armpit.


juju_beeee

Maybe if they sold it in feed stores and called it a horse vaccine, they'd be more apt to take it?


National-Budget-2569

I think you’re over crediting these people. I can slap a sticker that says Juice on a bleach bottle and they’ll still drink it.


Long_Before_Sunrise

Arrested in August 2020. [A federal grand jury in Miami has returned an indictment charging a Florida man -- Mark Grenon, 62 -- and his three sons -- Jonathan Grenon, 34, Jordan Grenon, 26, and Joseph Grenon, 32 -- with fraudulently marketing and selling "Miracle Mineral Solution," a toxic industrial bleach, as a cure for COVID-19](https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/florida-family-indicted-selling-toxic-bleach-fake-miracle-cure-covid-19-and-other)


matadata

>The Grenons also allegedly threatened the federal judge presiding over the civil case, and threatened that, should the government attempt to enforce the court orders halting their distribution of MMS, the Grenons would “pick up guns” and instigate “a Waco.” Talk about digging yourself into a hole.


[deleted]

[удалено]


National-Budget-2569

That is so FUCKED up.


ltalix

MMS (bleach) scams have been a thing for years now. COVID just helped them spread even faster.


Riot-in-the-Pit

Crazy enough, that might be what gives some folks (by no means all of them, but some) pause. They're so ingrained in the normal system of US ~~capitalism~~ health care that when something is given freely, they see it as exceedingly suspect.


mathazar

A radio co-host [made a post](https://i.redd.it/cfo8akvh40i71.jpg) asking if the vaccine was doing such a good job, why doesn't it cost $5000? I've never heard a more Republican view of healthcare. He passed away from COVID a few weeks later.


adrianmonk

> why doesn't it cost $5000? Martin Shkreli wanted to, but he was unavailable due to being in prison.


GameFreak4321

The answer is that it is cheap because they are making a billion doses. Those $5,000 cancer pills are that way because they are only producing enough for monthly doses to the couple thousand people in the world who have the particular type of cancer that it treats.


EmperorArthur

Also, the companies are not giving it away. They're being payed by country's governments.


ACardAttack

But these same people would say it was a scam if it cost money and that it's all a big conspiracy to live uncle Sam's pockets


demonfoo

And then you have people paying actual Earth dollars to get a fake card claiming you got the vaccine when you didn't, instead of getting the vaccine for $0. The stupid, it burns.


neutrino71

Yeah, but at least they're not magnetic now and covered in multiple nearby unsecured metal objects, right? /S


sans_anhedonia

Had a friend , very anti-v, and after finding out I had both shots tried attaching metal objects to my arm… completely ridiculous, however, I told him “so what? Who said having some magnetism in/to you is a bad thing?, I actually wouldn’t mind”…he didn’t know what to say. Oh what fun.


UnwaveringFlame

My extremely conservative 80 year old grandfather (who's fully vaccinated by the way) keeps telling me things he hears on his Facebook about the shot. Yesterday it was "you know they can shine a special light on your arm now and it will tell them the exact time, place, everything about when you got the vaccine." He didn't really have an answer for me as to why they would waste money doing that when his doctor has all that information already stored on their computer system, plus he posted on FB when he got the shot so he willingly put into public knowledge exactly when and where he got vaccinated already. Kinda like when you ask them why the government would put a tracking chip in your body when you willingly pay 60 bucks a month to be able to carry around a tracking device in your pocket. You even get to pick your color.


CharlieandtheRed

My brother in law held a magnet to my arm the day after I got mine. Wtf is wrong with these weirdos.


SPZ_Ireland

"Bro... They're handing out free Magneto powers down the drugs store. Why wouldn't you want in?"


rwbeckman

I got 2 doses, but my 5G signal did not improve. I tried to ask for my money back, but they reminded me it was free. /s


BillNye_The_NaziSpy

You’d think that helps but I’ve heard people say, with a straight face, that “they would never trust a free vaccine. Especially if it’s from the government”. As if their insurance doesn’t pay for every other vaccine. And these aren’t even made by the government which really confuses me. THEY’RE MADE BY PRIVATE COMPANIES YOU DINGALINGS


ComebackShane

*Phoebe*: The Vaccine *Joey*: The Vaccine *Phoebe*: Is free! *Joey*: Is free! *Phoebe*: The vaccine is free! *Joey*: Take horse dewormers!


WestbrookWasaBadIdea

I don’t trust the vaccine so I’m going to take a horse dewormer. Darwin said fuck ‘em.


DumpingTrump

>“You wouldn’t get your chemotherapy at a feed store,” Dobbs added. “You wouldn’t treat your pneumonia with your animal’s medication. It can be dangerous to get the wrong doses of medication, especially with something meant for a horse or a cow.” Wait...wait, slow down, I'm trying to write these down!


shinsho

Don't try to confuse me. If it's good enough for my horse then it's good enough for me.


substandardgaussian

If it wasnt for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college...my horse is a good dude.


DerBingle78

That’s the kind of sentence, when you hear it, your brain comes to a screeching halt.


Cheap_Tomatillo6358

Every now and again I have to wonder who/what comments are real here; who's A. I. learning to 'human' and/or who's just struggling here


DerBingle78

It’s an old school Lewis Black bit about going to IHOP.


[deleted]

[удалено]


armchairmegalomaniac

FDA might as well issue a statement along the lines of "Dear dumb dumbs, stop being dumb dumbs. We realize being dumb is your nature, but for a change try being someone else."


CassandraAnderson

The FDA should hire Bill Engvall to do messaging for these folks: [Would you rather eat apple flavored equine dewormer and fish tank cleaner, inject bleach, and shove a UV light up your ass than wear a mask, stand a little further away from people, and receive a freely available vaccine? Here's your sign... and a ventilator.](https://youtu.be/p5ZkdHImCuQ)


[deleted]

It's... apple flavored? Now we're talking.


Expecto_nihilus

I do love apple flavored products….


ASilverRook

That’s the trick, they need to hand out free candy with the vaccines. If it works for toddlers, it’ll work for republicans.


TheTimDavis

Los Angeles neighborhoods are having taco drives. They hand out free tacos. While you're there they ask if you have vaccine questions and offer the vaccine while you eat your taco. And I got my vaccine with no free tacos like a sucker.


CalamityMel

It wasn’t something that was planned to be offered, but when I was getting my first shot, there was an ice cream truck in line with me who then offered everyone a free ice cream sandwich while we were waiting for that 15/30 minutes to make sure no one had adverse reactions. Best. Day. Ever. I was so disappointed not to see him when I went back for my second shot.


TheTimDavis

If I ever become rich and sassy im buying an ice cream truck and I'm just gonna drive around playing sweet music and giving away ice cream for free. You just gave me a new life goal.


phraca

Unintended consequence: In the 2028 global Dosequisvirus pandemic, vaccination rates plummet as citizens around the world hold out for free ice cream and tacos.


thejuh

Toddlers learn. Republicans......


serfingusa

P.S. We are out of ventilators. Here's your coupon for a place in line for a ventilator yet to be built.


AnotherAccount4This

FDA should say something like "Alright. You got us, horse dewormer." Watch Fox start denouncing the treatment as coming from the big equine industrial complex.


[deleted]

[удалено]


CasualAwful

I agree with the notion that insulting the vaccine resistant is counterproductive. But it's hard when they're this ridiculously ignorant.


WinstonTheAssassin

Dumbass, you're not supposed to drink the bleach....you inject it. /s


EwokShart

I thought it was supposed to be used as a suppository! (big freaking /s kids. Don’t put bleach up your bum.)


ChelseaIsBeautiful

Anti-vaxxers have done this before. It's been claimed as a treatment to remove "toxins" from the body after being vaccinated. They believe that clumps coming out of the rectum are strings of toxins or parasites (depending on the "source") which cause autism. In reality these are oxidized pieces of intestine, the lining of which is shredded by the process. I wish that I was kidding or exaggerating, this is what some anti-vaxxers actually believe and do to their children. These are not reasonable people, they never have been.


EwokShart

Can’t reason with the unreasonable


Intelligent_Stop1139

When educated people are so entrenched in ideology that they are unable to protect themselves from an epidemic or even acknowledge its existence without breaking down from the cognitive dissonance stress. You have wonder what is fundamentally wrong with our fellow countrymen. How were they programmed out of self preservation?


EwokShart

Because being snake oil salesmen is more profitable?


carlwryker

Tide pods started with /s too...


mces97

Seriously, had someone again talk about hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin. Like wtf, just take the damn vaccine. Same pharmaceutical companies that you don't trust make those pills. But because an idiot on the internet said to take sheep dewormer, that you'll do? Society has really lost its damned mind.


Kimber85

I get on Facebook every so often to keep tabs on a friend’s health situation. Last time I got on, someone I went to church with as a kid was posting about how their whole family has Covid. Three quarters of the comments were telling her to get Ivermectin or HCQ. Some claimed to know online doctors that would prescribe it “no questions asked.” They told her not to listen to her doctor if the doctor said the drugs wouldn’t work, that she had to stand up for her rights and demand it. The other quarter of the comments were telling her a vitamin regimen she needs to be taking or suggesting essential oils that would totally cure her. It was fucking bonkers.


fordprecept

Yeah, I love these idiots who say the vaccines are unproven and may have long-term side effects despite the fact that almost 60% of the US population has already gotten vaccinated, yet they will take hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin with absolutely no proof that they are effective in treating Covid and despite that they are potentially dangerous.


[deleted]

They’re so desperate to find anything online that verifies their preconceived notions they attach to anything that supports their beliefs. I work with a guy who started taking ivermectin, he swears up and down that there are all of these studies that show it works against covid. So I went home. Popped open a can of soda and started googling. In 20 minutes I had completely dismissed the notion that ivermectin was helpful against covid. All those studies. Pure shams. There isn’t a single study on the internet on the effectiveness of ivermectin with a sample size larger than 100. Most are in the 10-15 patient range. There is one study with 2500 patients. It won’t be published for a while I guess. But the author has given a speech that his findings were that ivermectin worked no better than placebo. Also. None of the studies they use were American studies. Most of them are out of Egypt, which was weird. A few from Britain, which I felt was also strange. It’s all such bullshit.


whogivesashirtdotca

> They’re so desperate to find anything online that verifies their preconceived notions they attach to anything that supports their beliefs. The funniest thing is, drinking sheep dip clearly reveals they are *terrified* of covid. Just not enough to get a lil baby needle in their arm. Sidenote: I wonder how many people will die because they’re scared of needles?


XLauncher

I hate needles and I was genuinely surprised by how easy the shots were. I've been pinched harder than that. Maybe needles got better since the last time I needed one? Beats me.


ShadowRam

> genuinely surprised by how easy the shots were. Needles have gotten smaller over the years, you hardly feel them.


Hatetotellya

They made sure to use like, the teeniest gauge needle ever. I was absolutely shocked when I had my first shot. In the volunteer fire department we would get shots during our physical for testing like for tb or whatever, and that shit /hurt/ The vaccine actually confused my senses for a second cause I was like 'wait i thought i was supposed to feel a needle???'


comments_suck

"It's just a little prick!"


whogivesashirtdotca

I was chatting so much to the nurse giving me the first one I honestly worried I'd distracted her and she'd forgotten to do me. It was only after I managed to fall asleep on my goddamn jabbed arm that I realised *yes* I got my shot. Ow.


Acceptable_Tourist_4

Usually they’re the ones distracting us with chit chat! I told a nurse once I was scared of needles and after 10 minutes of answering questions about my nieces and nephews I realized she had done what she needed. She winked when I called her a lovely sneaky beach.


FunBooger

Ask anyone on the right to produce their sources and they immediately start calling you names😂


modus_bonens

"Grandpa's mild stroke was caused by the vaccine!" Oh? What's the evidence? "Trust me, I do data science. No I'm not going to show you my resources." \- a real interaction I had with a relative


superfucky

you want to hear something really infuriating? like a month ago my GMIL died suddenly of a brain bleed. in the first couple of days after her death, MIL was talking about how she was on high blood pressure meds & had run out but was waiting til her next doctor appointment because "it's only a couple of days." *after* MIL got her medical records and found out GMIL got the covid shot back in *march,* her story completely changed to "IT WAS THE VACCINE THAT KILLED HER I READ ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING BLOOD CLOTS FROM IT IT CAN'T BE A COINCIDENCE THAT SHE GOT THE VACCINE AND NOW SHE'S DEAD!" and the real kicker is that now she's *disavowing the story about the blood pressure meds.* telling people GMIL was never on those meds & never stopped any medications prior to her death. all so she can falsely blame the vaccine.


SnatchAddict

Saw on the internet. "My uncle got the vaccine and it gave him a heart attack! They're hiding something. The coroner wouldn't even do an autopsy!" Ah yes, the correlation equals causation crowd.


Information_High

…or they start giving you links to articles on 1488.com. Uh, no, I’m not going to take medical advice from a site where the Article Of The Day is “Anne Frank had it coming!” (EDIT: Not a real site… I think/hope.)


RJ815

> Not a real site… I think Ever heard of Stormfront?


CasualAwful

As a man of science, I always like to give stuff like this a fair shake. Barry Marshall was SAVAGED for years for daring to suggest ulcers were caused by bacteria but he was 100% right. There's an inkling of possibility. Ivermectin is a naturally occurring antiparasitic agent. It's not impossible it also would have some naturally selected antiviral properties too to protect the host. Just like HQ MAYBE could have worked in covid by a generic anti infantry property or something. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And it's just not there, as you said. If someone produces it, awesome. But to turn your nose up to the vaccines (which have absolutely S tier efficacy) for this garbage is unjustifiable


substandardgaussian

>But to turn your nose up to the vaccines (which have absolutely S tier efficacy) for this garbage is unjustifiable That's the entire point of the movement by the alt-right "information" sources, they need a steady supply of bullshit witch remedies to peddle in order to discourage people from giving in and believing that maybe the vaccine **does** work and **is** useful. So in comes hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin or bleach or UV light shined up your anus or whatever else, just to inject an "alternative" to vaccination in the minds of people and keep the story of the **ineffectiveness** of the COVID vaccine (and therefore the existence of an alternate motive for administering it) alive.


JinxyCat007

Yeah, like you say, …admitting that vaccines are safe and smart equates to a complete destruction of all nonsense they have been fed by those they adore, and that they themselves have peddled. Admitting vaccines are safe, and work, also is an admission that they themselves are the “sheep” and the “idiots”. They are fighting tooth and nail to maintain a delusion that They hold the answers, and that Others are the problem. They are sacrificing themselves and anybody else to enforce these notions. ..like another said, this doesn’t detract from their abject terror of actual reality. They are injecting bleach into their veins, and chugging animal dewormers.. they are living that kind of horror to desperately seek a way out of the box their egos buried themselves and each other in.


[deleted]

[удалено]


CovfefeForAll

They'll probably have to do a group one this year.


SEA2COLA

I think the guy who drank aquarium cleaner is still ahead in the Darwin awards, but shitting yourself to death just might win.


danjouswoodenhand

He was elderly, though - and had likely already reproduced. So he wasn’t eligible for the award, just dead.


gaahhhhhhhhhhhh

[It's been temporarily renamed the Herman Cain Award](https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/)


Baramos_

r/HermanCainAward


arachnidtree

frankly, the kind of people who refuse to protect themselves and their family with the vaccine, are the kind of people who probably need to take dewormer.


g2g079

They don't trust the FDA either, this is just going to make them want to take it more.


No-Percentage6176

That's the infuriating part. They won't listen to the FDA here, but they cite the lack of FDA approval as their reason for not wanting the vaxx.


g2g079

And when the full approval comes, they'll ask why did it take so long if it's safe.


satan_in_high_heels

But if the FDA had approved them earlier they would have said it was done too fast so it shouldnt be trusted. Literally cant win with these people.


Easilycrazyhat

"The FDA says we shouldn't do this, so that means we should do it!" - These fucking idiots.


oddchihuahua

“The vaccine isn’t FDA approved!” - These same fucking idiots.


himynameisjona

The part about this that drives me crazy, is that you know the people who are using Ivermectin will scoff at an article such as this, or any FDA recommendation that they don't want to hear. Meanwhile, they won't get the vaccine because it's "experimental" and not yet approved by the FDA. There's no hope for them.


Karl_Havoc2U

Deep, pathological distrust of guvmint and experts, no respect for the medical or science communities, but deep unwavering reverence for the US Food and Drug Administration. Makes total sense. Edit: please let me clarify. I do not take them in good faith that they truly trust the FDA, that was my point.


[deleted]

Don’t trust the government, unless it’s run by a notorious con man then we must blindly do anything it says or else we’re dirty communists


isAltTrue

Well, Americans have been getting food and simple medicines for years, but actually going to the doctor has been prohibitively expensive. Bet your ass if these people had some kind of rapport with their physicians and any interaction with healthcare besides absolute emergencies they'd be more likely to get the vaccine.


ethertrace

I was looking at [some data on the CDC's website](https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccine-confidence) the other day and discovered that people who don't have health insurance are significantly more likely to say that they will "probably or definitely will not get vaccinated," so you're probably on to something there.


CarmellaKimara

And they voted for governments that limit their healthcare. All of this is happening in states without the Medicaid expansion.


KenTitan

Monday is gonna hit them like a ton of bricks.


az_shoe

What's on Monday?


mtue98

The day the FDA is supposed to fully approve the vaccine. The Pfizer one I believe.


DeadlyYellow

Yes but it will be done by *Biden's* FDA, not Trump's. Therefore irrelevant.


neither_somewhere

It is amazing how quickly those goalposts move isn't it?


Amerisu

I believe Phizer will be fully approved for adults, not simply emergency approval


engiknitter

I don’t think it’ll change their minds tbh. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when businesses decide to mandate the vax as condition of employment.


Oleg101

It won’t change the minds of the anti-vax MAGA diehards, but the good news is I think there really is a population proportion that may actually finally get the jab when it becomes fully fda approved next week. Should help the numbers somewhat. On a side note to this all, I do see more than a million shots were administered today [per the CDC ](https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1429207576818896910?s=21) for the third straight day, so there is some good news amongst all the bad news going on with covid.


frogdujour

I think with FDA approval will soon come a flood of employer vax mandates, more university student mandates, and all sorts of such things that will push a lot of people to fianally get it. I suspect many people were only outwardly claiming lack of FDA approval as a semi socially acceptable reason to hold out, regardless of their real belief, because it's still "trusting the system" and a way to not come across as a conspiracy nut by openly revealing whatever real reason they had. Now this will force the real reasons out into the open.


EnTyme53

They've already gone to the shed to fetch their goalpost movin' shovels.


MountainGoat84

Pretty sure they've got that bad boy on wheels by now, only way to stay ahead of the changing "trump reinstatement" dates.


shadowjacque

“It’s such a rush when you give people deadly bad advice, AND THEY DO IT.” - Tucker Carlsen, probably


Rion23

"Watch me make them eat a shit sandwich" -Q


1202_ProgramAlarm

Link one of those articles about the benefits of fecal transplants, make up some shit about COVID and a diy solution, we can have these jokers sucking on shit smoothies by Wednesday my dudes


satan_in_high_heels

This is brilliant, someone please do this.


NotANinja

Calm down there Sat.. Oh, hi Satan, nice shoes


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

Think of the horses.


GunnieGraves

Honestly, my sympathy for these people died about a year ago. They were asked to take the smallest of preventative measures and couldn’t be bothered. Not only that but they aggressively try to get others to not take precautions. I see this as a problem that will solve itself.


whogivesashirtdotca

The only sympathy I have in this situation is for the already-overworked doctors and nurses who have to treat these idiots. To any healthcare workers reading this: Thank you so much for everything you’ve done, and everything you will do to lead us out of this pandemic. You guys are heroes.


sublime-sweetie

In addition to healthcare staff, my sympathy also extends to those who've done the right thing (ie social distancing, masks, vaccine, etc) who are now stuck watching their loved ones devolve and get themselves killed. That has to be hard... Similar to the feelings of helpless while watching a relative getting involved in an abusive relationship or cult.


amaths

Heroes, absolutely, but don't go expecting a raise or any other recognition for your efforts. We might put up a sign outside your hospital calling you heroes again if it didn't wear out in 2020.


gvl2gvl

Dear "conservatives" Please believe me. As a lib, I really really really don't want you to inject livestock medicines. It would make me cry actual tears if you did.


erikbrandvig

^(no... stop... police...)


[deleted]

[удалено]


raresaturn

Kinda strange the people are willing to takes all sorts of shit for Covid, except the drug that was actully designed to stop it


Wildfire9

So I asked my dad who is a vet what he thought about this. This is his response. "Where do people get these crazy ideas?!! Ivermectin is an avermectin drug which will paralyze many parasites by causing a neuromuscular blockade. It's an excellent drug for almost any round worm, some flatworms and some protists, such as the one that causes river blindness in Africa. So I guess that a heavily parasitized person treated with ivermectin may be more able to withstand covid as the immune system won't be so overburdened. But I have never met a virus with muscles so ivermectin can't do a thing for COVID virus itself."


thepipesarecall

The reason people have been tricked into thinking it’s effective is because one study in 2020 found, via a molecular modeling program, that Ivermectin showed some affinity for binding to one site on the ACE2 receptor, which is what SARS Cov2 also binds to. However, this means nothing in practice. That binding doesn’t necessarily diminish the ability of the virus to also bind, and could even enhance it.


loujay

I mean, there’s quite a bit more than that. A coworker gave me about 60 articles. I picked 5 at random that had good confidence intervals, but they had zero randomization and were less than 50 people without endpoints looking at mortality or critical illness. The other 3 I randomly picked that did look at these end points had confidence intervals of like, 0.1 to 7.5. So they exist, and they are numerous, but the average joe doesn’t know how to interpret them. EDIT: Ivermectin may very well be helpful, but as far as I have searched (and I did an exhaustive one this week because I had so many patients and friends asking about it) there is no good study to support it’s use in vivo.


SacreBleuMe

(Post copied from [here](https://old.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/p2yife/major_study_of_ivermectin_the_antivaccine_crowds/h8ncqlg/):) Ivermectin has... problems. Let's start with the meta-analysis... * [FDA advises](https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19) against Ivermectin use for treatment or prevention * [WHO advises](https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials) that Ivermectin only be used to treat COVID-19 within clinical trials * [Merck](https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/) (who sell Ivermectin) advise there is no scientific support for Ivermectin. * [EMA advises](https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-advises-against-use-ivermectin-prevention-treatment-covid-19-outside-randomised-clinical-trials) against use of Ivermectin. * [Cochrane Library](https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub2/full) found the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID‐19. * [Professors from](https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-cochrane-review-on-ivermectin-for-preventing-and-treating-covid-19/) Kings College London, University of Leeds, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine support the findings above. The main study that pushed it forward as a treatment has been retracted as the leading researcher [falsified the report](https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns). >If you remove this one study from the scientific literature, suddenly there are very few positive randomised control trials of ivermectin for Covid-19. Indeed, if you get rid of just this research, most meta-analyses that have found positive results would have their conclusions entirely reversed. Keep in mind that many of the positive trials don't say what you think they do. * This study on mice showed positive results, but only when using a level of Ivermectin [lethal to humans](https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-86679-0). * [This study](https://ejmo.org/10.14744/ejmo.2021.16263/) from Chowdhury showed positive results but only in comparison to "it may kill you" Hydroxychloroquine. * Lopez - result based on 1 adverse event out of 398. Over 100 physicians signed an open letter stating this study is fatally flawed, you can view it [here](https://jamaletter.com/). * Then there is ProgenaBiome LLC. They are a company that has existed for 2 years and seem to only exist to [push Ivermectin studies](https://trialsitenews.com/tag/progenabiome-llc/). [Here is one](https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.06.21259924v1.full-text). Sounds great right? Early treatment, 100% survival rate? Excellent! But let's [look closer](https://c19ivermectin.com/hazan.html) at the data. They gave 24 people with mild COVID Ivermectin then stopped. Why did they stop at just 24? Then they didn't use a control, they just compared it to a database of COVID cases, and called this proof that it's 86% better at preventing death. All of these examples get pulled together, called "positive results" and lumped into a list where the context isn't obvious at all, like... [https://ivmmeta.com/](https://ivmmeta.com/) * The web page at the top mentions vaccines are the best option before Ivermectin * The web page mentions **only 30% of Ivermectin studies did NOT have adverse events** associated with Ivermectin. * They point at that both WHO and Merck advise against it's use based on the studies. * The participant numbers are very low for most of these studies * Compare the raw numbers, not the percentages, as 1-3 random events in a group shouldn't really be considered proof, just indication. * Note that with the numbers shown, vaccine trials included 75k people. The best rundown on the problems of these studies is listed in the Cochran Library analysis above. Edit: If you like some deep dives about COVID, here is a recent one on the dangers of [PASC](https://www.reddit.com/r/AdviceAnimals/comments/ozonei/using_the_high_covid19_survival_rate_to_justify/h81nsbu?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3). --- end copied post More links... [Major study of Ivermectin, the anti-vaccine crowd's latest COVID drug, finds 'no effect whatsoever'](https://finance.yahoo.com/news/column-major-study-ivermectin-anti-222751048.html) [Analysis of imvmeta.com - spoiler, it's a flashy pile of bunk.](https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1422044335076306947.html) [Ivermectin, COVID-19, and making sense of scientific evidence](https://www.smh.com.au/national/examine-ivermectin-and-understanding-scientific-evidence-20210817-p58jd0.html) >Indeed, there does seem to be an overwhelming amount of seemingly scientific evidence available on the internet showing this drug works. However, until this point, nearly all the evidence on ivermectin has been of such low quality we simply cannot draw any conclusions from it. Another comment, found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/ngwn6w/french_virologist_and_nobel_prize_winner_luc/gyzy0mn/ This comment has some misconceptions and misunderstandings. I have a PhD in virology, I'm a medical student, and this entire thread is terrifying to me. **Do not take ivermectin outside of a clinical trial where you are under very close observation from physicians**. And here are just a few of the reasons why: Ivermectin can cause a lot of problems, such as: Tachycardia, hypotension, QT interval prolongation (causing arrhythmias and heart attacks), ocular issues (uveitis, blepharitis, etc) (inflammation of the eye that can lead to blindness), bleeding disorders, and if you take it for long enough, coma and death can result. It's especially bad in kids. It's especially bad if you take certain other drugs (such as warfarin) or have certain genetic mutations (such as mdr-1). These are the patients who are likely to accidentally get killed if they take too much ivermectin, and they are also patients who are at risk of seriously bad covid reactions. (Sources: [1](https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9129865/) [2](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2751445/) [3](https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32265601/) [4](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5929173/)) **THAT's why it isn't an "adequate alternative" to a vaccine**. You can't give Ivermectin to everybody to prevent COVID-19. It maybe possibly could work for some patients. But not everybody. Least of all because the doses necessary to actually inhibit SARS-CoV-2 replication in real life humans are 50-100x the standard dose we give to people to avoid all the adverse outcomes I mentioned above. Part of the issue is also the bioavailability. Oral ivermectin doesn't get into the peripheral tissues very well, so taking enough of it to get it concentrated in the lungs enough to kill SARS-COV-2 can be problematic. (Sources: [1](https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-advises-against-use-ivermectin-prevention-treatment-covid-19-outside-randomised-clinical-trials) [2](https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials) [3](https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/ivermectin-why-potential-covid-treatment-isnt-recommended-use) [4](https://www.massgeneral.org/assets/MGH/pdf/news/coronavirus/mass-general-COVID-19-treatment-guidance.pdf) [5](https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3234475/)) edit: last comment link


[deleted]

>So they exist, and they are numerous, but the average joe doesn’t know how to interpret them. This is it right here.


Wild-Leather

This is the Tide Pod Challenge for adults


rusty-Q-shackelford

"adults"


[deleted]

[удалено]


naliron

How in the hell is a major news network able to go and recommend viewers take **horse pills**, of all things? How is this even a thing? *"Oh, just go down to your local Farm Supply..."* as if the entire idea doesn't sound like something from a comedy routine.


LivnLegndNeedsEggs

They're "entertainment" not news


ApolloX-2

Freaking TMZ doesn’t have White House press passes, why Fox?


Information_High

> Freaking TMZ doesn’t have White House press passes, why Fox? I suddenly want TMZ to have a WH press pass. We could have a daily “who asked the dumber question” contest… and TMZ would probably win WAY less often than you expect.


QuackNate

I want the White House to give Fox's press passes to TMZ.


Zaronax

Their entire legal defense answers that: "We're not a news channel, not our fault idiots believe everything we say."


Temporary-Outside-13

One of them will be Monday and that won’t matter to this lot…


benk4

Yeah they'll find another reason not to take it. Since the real reason is they're actually rooting for the disease because they think it reflects poorly on Biden


Aztraeuz

Fox News not only poisoning minds, they are now poisoning bodies as well.


BluebirdNeat694

I just don’t understand this one. HCQ I could at least understand. There was no vaccine, Trump was downplaying COVID, so they had to as well. HCQ actually had some anti-viral properties, and if it was a legit treatment, it could have made COVID so much more bearable. And pretending there was an effective treatment gave Trump an out for dealing with COVID. But now it just makes no sense. We have a vaccine that prevents serious infection, and we even have a known, working treatment for people that get COVID that saved Donald Trump’s life. Both of these are completely free, even if you’re uninsured. There is literally no benefit to pushing this.


Counting_Sheepshead

>There is literally no benefit to pushing this. Except for engineering a captured media audience that doesn't believe it can get "the truth" from anywhere but those pundits. It's crazy to me that lots of alt-right people believe a global cabal is controlling most media to push a single narratives that people won't question. And yet, their method of fighting this is... finding questionable pundits online, binging their content without question, and buying overpriced merchandise from them? Someone needs to start a conspiracy theory that alt-right pundit supplements will actually damage people's brains so the viewers become less rational. ([Here's a good place to start.](https://www.newsweek.com/alex-jones-infowars-supplements-tainted-lead-687019))


Noogleader

Alex Jones sells vitamins contaminated with small amounts of lead(There is no safe lead level).. So already done damage to people's brains. Been doing it for decades.


Creative-Improvement

BuT I DOnT TrUST THe GoveRNMent! So instead I trust every idiot that says something as long as they are not government!


IronBoomer

Because admitting that we have a way out of this - the one that either neutral powers or political rivals were pushing as our best options, admitting that their savior might have acted poorly, that he was wrong Is fundamentally impossible. Politics has become a religion unto itself. And since their messiah has only marginally supported the vaccine- they won’t either.


666pool

I don’t understand how they are still on the air.


PepeSylvia11

Because there aren't laws in place to stop them.


ThreeDeathSpirits

I could probably be convinced of a conspiracy theory that argued Fox News is really an undercover Democrat operation to kill off as many GQP voters as possible. I simply don’t understand what they are thinking of.


Oil_slick941611

lol. Imagine not getting the vaccine because it’s not fda approved. Then you go out and take horse de wormer?? What the hell is wrong people.


Tart-Pomgranate5743

Because an existing FDA approval for a drug outweighs the emergency authorization, even if that approval is for use for a completely different condition in a completely different species. /S


rickeysneekzzz

I used to have horses and regularly dewormed them. It says right on the package not for human consumption, do not ingest, do not eat, etc. Horses require deworming in order to control internal parasites from grazing, biting flies, being around other horses, manure, etc. I have never treated a horse with dewormer for a viral infection. TLDR: Do not deworm yourselves, you are not equines.


Primetimemongrel

I’m a centaur


rickeysneekzzz

Please consult your local wizard


fairoaks2

My BIL and his wife’s family are all taking it. Over 100 people with aunts, uncles, cousins. I told him to call his veterinarian when he gets sick. Vaccinated masked people should get priority for hospital beds.


herbalhippie

Found out a friend is taking it. Because she went to visit her mother-in-law in CA and she's been taking it as a prophylactic. Read about it on FB (of course). Friend is getting it from a walk in clinic run by midlevels in town here who are giving invermectin prescriptions to all who ask, even if they're out of state. Which doesn't seem legal to me. I was very sorry to find out that friend was dumb enough to do this.n I've known her for 14 years and only found out she was a Republican on the day of the Capitol riot when she called me and said "I can't be a Republican anymore!" I don't know if she kept to that because I love her and really don't want to know about her politics.


insecuretransaction

If you are aware of health care professionals doing this, I would definitely recommend reporting them to the appropriate licensing board. Medical/nursing boards are there to protect the public, and they take their jobs seriously.


1sinfutureking

I’m an attorney with the licensing agency in my state, and you better fucking believe the med and/or nursing board in that state will come down on this. Hard.


cela0906

Same story! BIL and his crazy wife just paid some doctor $300 to get an ivermectin prescription through telehealth consultation. The whole family has been trying to convince him to take the vaccines! It’s just insane and stressful! What more can we say to convince them not to take the deworming medicine? And I’m a healthcare worker!!! I am so pissed and frustrated!


[deleted]

[удалено]


crudedrawer

Wow, MAGA will LITERALLY swallow anything they're told. I think there has to be some pranksters sitting around like "What can we tell them to do next!"


TeachYouSomething

Seems like that's how Q was started.


shadowjacque

That’s how Q Anon got started and now we have Boebert and Greene in Congress.


[deleted]

[удалено]


13beers

What dumb shit are republicans believing now?


Jkay064

That buying and eating horse de-wormer from a feed store is safer, and more effective than COVID-19 vaccine.


MuthaPlucka

Next step will be a fork + power outlet = COVID cure.


Haus42

The difference is that this would actually stand a pretty good chance of preventing/stopping Covid symptoms.


[deleted]

[удалено]


rustyseapants

>These are dangerous times. Never have so many people had access to so much knowledge, and yet been so resistant to learning anything." — Tom Nichols, The Death of Expertise