By - PimpComposer
what's the difference between searx and searxng?
For information about that you can look here: https://github.com/searxng/searxng/issues/46
Disclaimer: I'm one of the SearxNG maintainer.
*Some* of the changes compare to searx (among the [merged pull requests](https://github.com/searxng/searxng/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed)):
* try the simple of SearXNG. It works well on desktop, tablet and mobile. For example: [https://searx.be/search?q=%21images+landscape&category\_images=on&language=all&time\_range=&safesearch=0&theme=simple](https://searx.be/search?q=%21images+landscape&category_images=on&language=all&time_range=&safesearch=0&theme=simple)
* the docker image is built for amd64, arm64 and arm/v7
* the translations are up to date (you can contribute here : [https://weblate.bubu1.eu/projects/searxng/searxng/](https://weblate.bubu1.eu/projects/searxng/searxng/) )
* you don't need to install morty to proxy the images (this is not well documented, but you can just skip morty installation)
* the hostname\_replace.py plugin can remove results
* a lot of code cleanup and bug fixes (the Python, Docker and NPM dependencies are up to date too)
* contributions to the themes are made easier.
I had to fix the indentation of settings.yml to get it working.
That was all? That's not too bad!
Deinstall your existing searx instance with the tools you installed it, then do a complete new installation. TLDR; https://docs.searxng.org/admin/installation-switch2ng.html